Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

Southern Style
Macaroni & Cheese!!


I don't know about anyone else, but there is nothing like a great, homemade, macaroni and cheese!  I have been on the hunt for a yummy recipe and I think I FINALLY found one that I truly enjoy!

I must first give you a Disclaimer: There is nothing healthy about this recipe! It's Southern!!

OK, with that said, here is the recipe... Compliments of this fabulous recipe book:

(Follow link to order here. A friend of mine's sister and truly Southern!!)


16 ounce box of elbow macaroni (you can use any shape u like)
1 stick of butter (Told ya it's fattening!)
1 10 ounce Sharp Cheddar Cheese - grated
1 10 ounce Medium Cheddar Cheese - grated
4 eggs
1 cup Milk
Paprika
Salt & Pepper

Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
Make Macaroni according to box, I use about 3/4 of the box


Drain. Add butter and stir until melted


Beat together eggs and milk and set aside.
In a baking dish add 1/2 of the noodles then sprinkle half the cheese to cover the top.
Next add remaining noodles and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Pour egg mixture evenly over the top.
Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with Paprika.
Bake for 35 minutes, do not brown!

Ta-Daaa!!


This is a great meal to take to any potluck, new mom home from the hospital, recovering patient or just for yourself when you need a little comfort food!

Note: I am sure there are ways to change this recipe to make it "healthier", but why would you want to ruin this comfort food??

Such Fun!!
Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment