Tuesday, October 23, 2012

High Waisted Skirt Tutorial



 I Don't Have Anything to Wear!!

I'm sure I not the only one who has screamed this almost daily!



 Well, thanks to Pinterest I was able to whip something up for a wedding this past Saturday.  I am going to show you the links as well as the steps I took to complete this FABULOUS skirt.



HIgh waisted sash skirt

Her Tutorial was so easy to follow that I made this skirt in about 2 1/2 hours!
The Big Oak Tree is the Blog and the instructions are super easy! 
Hope you will try one too!

I first selected the fabric from Hobby Lobby below...


Since this was for a wedding I loved the classic look of the fabric and let's face it, you can't go wrong with Black and White.

Next, I cut everything out.  Since it is all measurements it was quick instead of dealing with pattern pieces..

I first pressed the belt seams


I successfully did this without burning my fingers (If you know me you know how rare that is!)

Next, I stitched and serged seams together


I serged and stitched the hem...


OK, attaching the skirt to the waistband was super easy.  I made my skirt a little fuller than hers because I felt it was more formal.  Now she offers some tricks to ruffle the fabric, but I just tuck and pin and try to be as balanced all the way around as possible.




Now to attach the zipper without chewing the fabric...I cannot believe I was even successful at this but it turned out great (if I do say so myself)



Her steps were so easy to follow!!


Looks professional!! Can you tell I am amazed that I did that??

Now it's time to make the sash...


After stitching both pieces together, I folded, stitched and turned to complete.

Here it is!!!


Of course pictures do not give this fabric justice!
I wore with a black turtle neck tucked in and black boots!

Hope you attempt!
Pinterest Success!!!

Such Fun!!
Lynn






2 comments:

  1. That turned out awesome! So glad you liked my tutorial and that it went so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this skirt that you made and wore to cousin Matt's wedding!!! I may have to try Amy's tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete